Bérèche et Fils

Foundatione: 1847 
Vines Surface: 9.50 ha
Production: 85.000 year
Pinciple wines: Champagne AOC
Grapes: 100% property
Philosophy: Maximum respect of the Nature
Address: 33 le Craon de Ludes51500 Ludes (Francia) 
Region: Champagne

Maison Bereche has created Champagne since 1847 when, Lèon and Albert Bereche produced a small amount of bottles in 2.5 hectares planted in Ludosa. Maison expands in the 50s when Pierre Bereche, grandfather of the current owners, married Solange acquiring lands to the south-west of Reims; the activity was split between direct production and sale of grapes to Negoce. Nowadays they owns 9.5 hectares of vineyards of which about 80% of Chardonnay and Pinot Noir, while the remaining 20% is planted with Pinot Meunier. The company can rely on 3 different areas, each with its own terroir, and these areas are divided into 21 plots; the average age of the plants is 38 years. The philosophy in the vineyard requires the total absence of systematic products and synthesis, the work in the vineyards is meticulous and painstaking. In the cellar each operation is under the close supervision of Raphael: the alcoholic fermentation begins spontaneously and slowly and ends in early December. The malolactic fermentation is not carried out, due to the low temperatures of the winery. The aging in wooden barrels of base wines ends in May; after tasting the bases and operations of Assemblage, future Champagne rest on the lees from 2 to 6 years categorized according to the type. The Champagne of Bereche Maison et Fils are greatly considered by critics and fans: the guidelines that are common to all wines are the acid-vein ore and balance on the palate.

Bérèche Brothers in the vineyards

The Winery