Chemin de Moscou Rouge 2015 - Domaine GaydaData sheet
- Winery: Domaine Gayda
- Denomination: IGP Pays D'Oc
- Variety: 60% Syrah, 35% Grenache, 5% Cinsault
- Nation: France
- Production area: Brugairolles
- Region: Languedoc
- Year: 2015
- Gradation: 14% vol.
- Bottle: 75 cl
- In Vineyard: Certified Organic Agriculture
- Vinification: The vines are low yield and the grapes are classified and harvested by hand. The de-stemming is followed. Traditional vinification with 2 weeks post-maceration.
- Yeast: Indigenous
- Aging: 21 months in French oak
- Match with: To pair with cheeses and dishes of earthenware, it is excellent to accompany the toma of Vercelli.
- Typology: Red
- Serving Temperature: Temperatura 16-18°C.
- Premi: 17/20 Jancis Robinson, Medaglia d'Oro Mundus Vini
- Ideal consumption: Da 2017 a 2030
- Our judgment: 91/100
The local villagers believe the name originated from the place outside the village where meetings were held, under the “L’arbre de Moscou” the “Moscow Tree”. This tree was used as a navigation beacon by pioneers of the Aéropostale service flying out of Toulouse on their way to Perpignan, Spain, North Africa and eventually South America. Stories of these flights have been immortalised by Saint Exupéry in his many books about his exploits. The tree, an enormous pine, was struck by lightning and burned to the ground over 20 years ago.
By buying this product you can collect up to 2 loyalty points. Your cart will total 2 points that can be converted into a voucher of 0,40 €.