Dolcetto d'Alba 2017 - Az. Agr. Elio AltareData sheet
- Winery: Az. Agr. Elio Altare
- Denomination: DOC Dolcetto d'Alba
- Variety: 100% Dolcetto
- Nation: Italy
- Production area: La Morra
- Region: Piedmont
- Year: 2017
- Gradation: 13,0% vol.
- Bottle: 75 cl
- In Vineyard: Manure as a natural fertilizer, use only copper and sulfur as a pesticide
- Vinification: Maceration on the skins for approx. 2-3 days in rotary fermenters with temperature control
- Yeast: Selected
- Aging: 10 months in steel tanks
- Match with: Meats
- Typology: Red
- Serving Temperature: Temperature 18 °C
- Ideal consumption: From 2020 to 2027
- Our judgment: 90/100
Dolcetto is one of the most typical and widespread vines of Piedmont. It owes its name perhaps to the sweetness of ripe grapes, or according to another theory to the Piedmontese term dosset, that is, a hill not particularly high. The wine produced with Dolcetto grapes has for centuries been one of the protagonists of Piedmontese peasant life and one of the main objects of exchange with Liguria, from which, besides oil and salt, anchovies were imported, the main ingredient of one of the most famous typical dishes of Piedmont, the bagna caoda. Dolcetto d'Alba wine obtained the DOC in 1974.
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 loyalty point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,20 €.