It comes from Pinot Noir grapes grown in Volnay, in the 0.68 hectares of vineyard around the cellar and facing south / east; here the vines (average age 38 years) rest on clay-limestone soils with deep soils belonging to the Batonian period. In the vineyard herbicides and chemical products are banned, a "natural" viticulture is practiced. The harvest is manual, with selection of the best grapes; vinification is traditional, with the use of indigenous yeasts and fermentation in open-cell vats at a controlled temperature (32 ° C). The wine is raised in new barriques for 30% of the mass, in used barriques for the remaining 70% for a total duration of 20 months.
Wine with excellent aging potential.
Taste it at a temperature of 16 ° C combined with hunting dishes.