It comes from Pinot Noir grapes grown in Volnay, in the 0.30 hectares of vineyard facing south / east owned and classified Volnay 1er Cru Caillerets AOC; here the vines rest on clay-limestone soils with deep soils belonging to the Batonian period. In the vineyard herbicides and chemical products are banned, a "natural" viticulture is practiced. The harvest is manual, with selection of the best grapes; vinification is traditional, with the use of indigenous yeasts and fermentation in open-cell vats at a controlled temperature (32 ° C). The wine was raised in new barrels for 25% of the mass, in used barriques for the remaining 75% for a total duration of 18 months.
Pale ruby red color, on the nose the notes are classic ones, red fruit, blackberry, raspberry, and a touch of vanilla. In the mouth it is soft, velvety but still makes you feel its structure. The finish is juicy, long with still a hint of red fruits.
Wine with excellent aging potential.
Taste it at a temperature of 16 ° C combined with hunting dishes.