Bordeaux Cotes de Francs Emilien 2018 - Chateau Le Puy

100% secure payments
>Earn 5 points/€1.00 Earn 5 points/€1.00 (Each €10.00 spent = 1 point, 1 point = €0.20 discount)
Your cart will total 5 points that can be converted into a voucher of €1.00.
€48.00
Tax included
Quantity

It was born Born from Merlot 85% , Cabernet Franc 14% and 1% Carmenère, grown in a Biodynamic at Château Le Puy. Great red wine with strong fruit, concentrated but delicate palate. The tannins are ripe and present , the finish is long and pleasantly complex.

Wine description

It comes from 85% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Franc and 1% Carmenère grapes, grown in Biodynamic at Château Le Puy. In the vineyard the training system used is Guyot with a density of 5250 vines / Ha, the vines have an average age of 45 years; the company philosophy is of the natural type with the total elimination of herbicides and chemical products. The vinification foresees the de-stemming, the following maceration and the fermentation with natural yeasts in open cement vats with immersed cap at a controlled temperature for 2/4 weeks. The refinement on the fine lees takes place in large barrels of 50 Hl for 60%, and used oak barriques for the remaining 40%, for 24 months. No clarification and filtration are foreseen.

Tasting Notes

The Cuvée Emilien by Château Le Puy is a frank, fragrant and intense red wine. Able to bring together opposite concepts in the sip: straight and broad, concentrated and delicate, tannic and caressing. A loyal, long and deep wine. The most "Bordeaux" of Le Puy wines

Aging capacity

Wine capable of evolving well for many years.

Small tips

Taste it at a temperature of 18 ° C with roast leg of kid in blueberry sauce.

Data sheet

Winery
Chateau le Puy
Denomination
AOC Cotes de Francs de Bordeaux
Variety
85% Merlot, 14% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Carmenère
Nation
France
Production area
Bordeaux
Region
Bordeaux
Year
2018
Gradation
14,0%
Bottle
75 cl
In Vineyard
Biodynamic Regime - Natural Philosophy
Vinification
The vinification foresees the de-stemming, the following maceration and the fermentation with natural yeasts in open cement vats with immersed cap at a controlled temperature for 2/4 weeks.
Yeast
Indigenous
Aging
Barrique
Match with
Meats
Typology
Red
Serving Temperature
Temperature 18 °C
Ideal consumption
From 2021 to 2038
Our judgment
92/100 Very Big Wine
Allergens
Sulphites

Related products

(16 other products in the same category)