Recioto della Valpolicella Classico 2015 - Az. Agr. Pietro ZardiniData sheet
- Winery: Azienda Agricola Pietro Zardini
- Denomination: Recioto della Valpolicella DOCG
- Variety: 70% Corvina, 20% Rondinella, 10% Molinara
- Nation: Italy
- Production area: San Pietro in Cariano (VR)
- Region: Veneto
- Year: 2015
- Gradation: 13,0 % vol.
- Bottle: 75 cl
- In Vineyard: Manure as a natural fertilizer, use only copper and sulfur as a pesticide
- Vinification: Withering of the grapes for 4-5 months, slow traditional fermentation on the skins with 4-5 weeks maceration.
- Yeast: Indigenous
- Aging: 18 mesi
- Match with: Dessert wine, it should be tasted with desserts and pastries
- Typology: Dessert
- Serving Temperature: Temperature 16° C
- Ideal consumption: Da 2020 a 2034
- Our judgment: 92/100 Very Big Wine
The first traces of "Recioto della Valpolicella" occur in the fourth century after Christ, when Cassiodorus described Acinatico as a sweet wine, "regal for color ... dense and fleshy", obtained from a special drying technique of the grapes , for which it was considered identifiable as the ancestor of the “Recioto della Valpolicella”. The name derives from the dialect word "recia", that is ear, because only the highest and best exposed part of the bunch, therefore more valuable, could access the drying process.
By buying this product you can collect up to 1 loyalty point. Your cart will total 1 point that can be converted into a voucher of 0,20 €.